CEA-CC 2013 CONFERENCE
The conference will be held at the University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo. Arecibo is a town to the North West of San Juan, the capital. (Driving from SJ to Arecibo can take from 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic.) The university has no dorms or hotels, but there are several very good hotels nearby. Renting a car is strongly recommended.
Directions to conference site:
- To get to the UPR-Arecibo from Metro (San Juan) area or the East via expreso:: Take Road 22 until you find exit 77A to your right. Take exit 77A onto Road 129. Once you are on Road 129, drive towards Arecibo Centro, pass three traffic lights and on the fourth traffic light (Keep to the left) you will find the intersection to Road 653. Make a left turn there. The entrance to the university is on the first traffic light on Road 653.
- From Mayaguez/Aguadilla (West): Follow road #2 North. In Hatillo, you can take theexpreso (#22) and exit on 77A; then follow the instructions above, or you can skip the expreso and continue until you see Cabrera Hermanos, the car dealership (the same exit to Plaza del Norte/Hatillo Mall) and turn to the right. Continue down this road until you come to the end. Then turn left. Follow this road. Stay left. At the second light you have reached the campus, turn left.
Hotels close to the Conference:
About 10 minutes away:
Hotel Rosa del Mar:
Address:Road # 2 k.m. 86.6, Comercio St.# 1777, Hatillo, Puerto Rico 00659
PO Box 227, Hatillo, Puerto Rico, 00659
Phone: 787-262-1515 / Fax. 787-262-1809
Standard Double Room (2 adults):
Parador El Buen Cafe
Address: #381, Carr. 2, Km. 84.0 Bo. Carrizales,Hatillo, Puerto Rico 00659
Phone: 787 898-1000 Parador / Fax: (787) 898-7738
Rates:(2 adults): $107.00
Punta Maracayo Hotel:
Address: Rt 2 Km 84.6, Hatillo, PR 00659
Standard Double-Room Rate (2 adults):
Casa de Playa Hatillo:
787-898-3850 (Contact Michelle De Jésus)
About 20 minutes away:
Villa Brusi, Camuy
Cabins, right next to the beach with a/c up to four people
About 35 minutes away:
Hotel EL Guajataca, Quebradillas:
Things to know:
• You do not need a passport, visa, or vaccinations to visit Puerto Rico if you are a U. S. citizen.
• There are two airports: The Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan (SJU) and the Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN). Both provide easy access to major car rental companies.
Things to do in the Arecibo area:
• Visit the Arecibo Observatory : http://www.naic.edu/
• Parque de las Cavernas Camuy (Caves) 787-898-3100
o adult/child US$15/US$6, parking US$2
• the beach in Camuy, Hatillo or Arecibo
Things to do in San Juan:
The main tourism website for Puerto Rico is: http://www.gotopuertorico.com/