The New English Department Blog is available at http://www.uprm.edu/english/?q=blog, and every faculty member already has the access privileges to post. To post to the blog:
- log in to site (you will receive your username and password by e-mail).
- Go to the Blog (link to Blog in the left hand menu).
- Click on “create new blog entry.”
- Use the intuitive editor to create your entry (including photos, videos, and attachments up to 25 MB in size) and click save.
- You all have a user account:
- Then you can reset your password. You can modify your public profile, including office hours, research areas, personal websites, etc. You can add a picture to your public profile.
- The English Department staff will be updating basic information (such as office hours) every semester, but not as quickly as you may want. Feel free to update the information yourself.
- Your username is the same as your @upr.edu account. You have received a password by e-mail, and can also get a temporary password sent to your upr.edu e-mail.
This blog will remain as a record of our Department’s activities from its launch in September 2007 to November 2010.
Thank you all for contributing to this valuable resource, and I hope you support the new blog in our new website.
Leonardo FloresFiled under Announcements | Comments Off
Important information for MAEE students and faculty advisors!
Please be aware of two recent OGS policy changes pertaining, specifically, to: (1) students planning to change degree completion options; and (2) students planning to submit theses in December, 2010 or thereafter.
1) Students planning to switch degree completion options (SEE OGS MEMO: MemoOGSChangeofPlanNov2010)
The first policy updates the memo sent by the OGS in February, 2010 (which I forwarded to you and posted on the blog) indicating that beginning August 2010, students who wished to switch degree completion options (from thesis to comprehensive exam or vice versa) had to request an internal transfer at least one semester prior to enrolling in thesis or submitting the Request to take the Exam. Effective NOVEMBER, 2010 this will not be necessary for MAEE students. As indicated in the attached memo by the OGS Director and the UPRM Registrar, only Engineering students will be required to request the internal transfer; Arts & Sciences students will only need to complete the form titled “SOLICITUD DE CAMBIO DE PLAN DENTRO DEL MISMO PROGRAMA GRADUADO” (included in the attached document) and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.
2) Students submitting theses to the OGS (SEE OGS MEMO: guiaproquest.pdf)
Beginning this semester, the OGS has adopted a new protocol for the on-line publication of UPRM thesis and dissertations. While students are still required to submit the final and approved version of the thesis (in pdf format) to the OGS by the deadline established in the academic calendar, they are now responsible for the digital publication of their manuscripts. The attached memo by the OGS director includes detailed instructions on how to use ProQuest for the digital publication (and optional print publication) of your thesis.
Please save these documents for future reference.Filed under Announcements, Graduate Students, Information, Instructions, Policies, Procedures, Resources | Comments Off
Please join us and invite students, faculty, and other interested parties to the second presentation of this semester’s ENGL 6006 Speaker Series.
Dr. Nancy V. Vicente
A Journey Into Colonial Experience
December 1, 2010 @ 6:00 pm in Chardón 318
See flyer for additional information and/or write to email@example.com:Announcements, Events, Graduate Students, Invitations, News, Uncategorized | Comments Off
Please join us and invite students, faculty, and other interested parties:
Mentor and Mentee:
Bridging two perspectives on GTA training in the
Department of English at UPRM
JENIFFER SANABRIA (MAEE, 2010)
10 November 2010
6:00 pm Chardón 318
See flyer for additional information:
Filed under Announcements, Events, Graduate Students, Information, Invitations, News, Students, Undergraduate Students | Comments Off
Dear MAEE students and faculty advisors:
The revised and updated edition of the Graduate Student Handbook is now available.
You may access the PDF file by clicking on link below. Please note that this edition of the handbook replaces the September 2009 version and all prior ones.
GCAnnouncements, Graduate Students, Information, Policies, Procedures, Resources, Uncategorized | Comments Off
Dear MAEE students and English Department faculty:
We hope you can ALL join us at our annual MAEE Meet & Greet: Graduate Student Reception and Orientation on Friday, October 22 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. in Chardón 326.
- It’s an invitation to meet & greet new and familiar faces: MAEE students and the faculty who teach, advise or otherwise contribute to the training, development and mentoring of our department’s graduate students.
- It’s an occasion to personally welcome the 2010 incoming students (6 in Spring and 7 in Fall).
- It’s a unique opportunity to share information, ask questions, clarify doubts and foment collaborations amongst MAEE community members.
- It’s a reception!!! So we’ll also share good food and good company!
Filed under Announcements, Events, Graduate Students, Information, Invitations, News, Uncategorized | Comments Off
It’s an honor to introduce the new members of our MAEE community:
Please join us in welcoming these graduate students to our Master of Arts in English Education program. We wish them continued success and look forward to many future and stimulating collaborations.
Filed under Announcements, Graduate Students, Information, News, Uncategorized | Comment (1)
Dear MAEE students and faculty:
Best wishes for a productive semester. To help you plan for it, the Graduate Committee has once again prepared the list of relevant deadlines for MAEE students. The file has been sent to you via e-mail and can also be accessed here:
Exitos!Filed under Announcements, Graduate Students, Information, News, Uncategorized | Comments Off
This is a friendly reminder to all MAEE students. As was announced by the Office of Graduate Studies last February, beginning the first semester of the 2010-2011 academic year, students who would like to switch from Option I to Option II or vice-versa need to request an internal transfer the semester BEFORE they plan the change to come into effect. This is established in Certificación 09-09:Normas que rigen los estudios graduados en el RUM (By-law 09-09) in sectionG.8.g on page 19
A detailed memo explaining the policy implementation was sent to MAEE faculty and graduate students on February 9, 2010. If you would like to receive it again, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.Filed under Announcements, Graduate Students, Information, News, Policies, Uncategorized | Comments Off
MAEE students Stella Ramírez Rodríguez, Karrieann Soto Vega, Jeniffer Sanabria Morell, and Gabriel Romaguera will be defending their thesis projects this week. Below you will find the schedule of the defenses. You’re all invited to attend but please be punctual to avoid any disruptions or unnecessary delays.
Filed under Announcements, Events, Graduate Students, Invitations, News, Uncategorized | Comments Off